Introduction

I have a rudimentary understanding of mathematics, and have been tutoring math professionally at the high school level for more than 40 years.

My research began in playing around with trigonometric functions using various graphing tools (initially using Graphing Calculator for Mac, now known as Pacific Tech Graphing Calculator). I'm hoping that others will find the graphs as beautiful and interesting as I do.

From my business website:

As the study of natural and abstract patterns and patterning, mathematics is an inherently creative and artistic endeavor.

Recent advances in computing technology have finally made possible the widespread discovery and appreciation of the sublime beauty of mathematics. Once the province of a select few, the art of math can now be enjoyed by all.

Unfortunately, many students have been mistaught that math is a dry, rote, one-dimensional activity devoid of originality or inventiveness and lacking any real connection to the arts. Fortunately for me, I was not one of them.

On the contrary, I've always been intrigued by the astonishing musicality of mathematics and entranced by its subtle aesthetics and alluring forms ...

No comments:

Post a Comment